In You are a badass, Jen Sincero talks about self-love, forgiveness, procrastination, financial success, extensively about possibility mentality/the power of positive thinking and so much more.
Jen took me on a journey, carefully addressing all my issues one after the other. I’ve never read a self-help book like this.
You can read my review of You Are A Badass here to know the reason behind this post about quotes.
For the QUOTES LOVERS (I know everybody loves quotes), this post would especially interest you and you would do well to bookmark it (I did)!
Here are 50 Incredible quotes from you are a Badass to live by. Pick one or two that works for you and apply.
1. If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you have to do things
you’ve never done.
2. You can take your life wherever you want it to go, so grab it by its nether regions and make doing the things you love a priority.
3. It’s not your fault that you’re fucked up. It’s your fault if you stay fucked up.
4. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.
– Kurt Cobain
5. To shy away from who you truly
are would leave the world you-less. You are the only you there is and ever will be.
6. Every single person is born with unique and valuable gifts to share with the world. Once we figure out what ours are, and decide to live our lives putting them to use, that’s when, and only when, the real party begins.
7. Give yourself the gift of a joyous life while you’re still among the living.
8. What you tell yourself on a daily basis is more powerful than you know. Our thoughts are the most powerful tools we’ve got. Our thoughts become our words, our words become our beliefs, our beliefs become our actions, our actions become our habits, and our habits become our realities.
9. Vibration attracts vibration. The Universe will match whatever vibration you put out. And you can’t fool The Universe.
10. One of the best things you can do to improve the world is to improve
11. It’s not that the things and opportunities that we want in life don’t exist yet. It’s that we’re not yet aware of their existence (or the fact that we can really have them).
12. Instead of wasting hours and days and years trying to figure out your perfect next move, just DO something already. Most answers reveal themselves through doing, not thinking.
13. When taking great leaps forward, life often turns to shit before it turns to Shinola.
14. Everything you do along your journey contributes to where you’re going.
15. We are very powerful creatures who create our realities through focused energy.
16. Nobody who ever accomplished anything big or new or worth raising a celebratory fist in the air did it from their comfort zone.
17. Follow your fantasies. Our fantasies are the most revealing peepholes into who we are and what we think is awesome. Tap into what brings you great joy instead of what you think you need to do to survive.
18. If you want to take control of your life and create that future you so desire, stop at nothing, stay the course and whatever happens, don’t give up, have faith!
19. Your faith should be greater than your fear.
20. Those who achieve success share one key thing: the belief that they can be, do, and have whatever they set their minds to accomplishing.
21. Push past your fears, fail over and over again and make a habit of doing things you’re not so comfy doing.
22. Don’t compare yourself to others. Comparison is the fastest way to take all the fun out of life. Avoid comparison like the plague.
23. DO NOT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME GIVING ONE SINGLE CRAP ABOUT WHAT ANYBODY ELSE THINKS OF YOU.
24. What other people think about you has nothing to do with you and
everything to do with them.
25. Life would be so much more fun, productive, and sexy if we fully embraced our magnificently delightful selves.
26. You’re a human being. Learn to be in the moment. There is fun in the moment. The more time you spend in the moment, the richer your life will be. End of story.
Also Read: Enjoy the ride
27. Try seeing yourself through the eyes of someone who admires you. They aren’t connected to your insecurities and negative beliefs about yourself. All they see is your true glory and potential.
28. YOU ARE A BADASS
29. If you want to attract good things and feelings into your life, send awesomeness out to everyone
30.You cut yourself off from the supply of awesomeness when you are not in a state of gratitude.
31. What you choose to focus on becomes your reality.
32. Time spent enjoying yourself is never time wasted.
33. Life is an illusion created by your perception, and it can be changed the moment you choose to change it.
34. If something negative happens in your life, feel it, learn from it, let it go and get back to focusing on the life you’re excited to live.
35. Most of the time it’s not lack of experience that’s holding us back, but rather the lack of determination to do what we need to do to be successful.
36. If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.
37.You can create anything you desire, but you have to truly want it.
38. Never apologize for who you are. It lets the whole world down.
39. It’s so easy once you figure out it isn’t hard.
40. YOU ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH.
Also Read: I am enough and I am going to get better
41. You need to remember that you can do anything in your life, even the things that you presently think are out of your reach.
42. In order to change your life and start living a new one that you’ve never lived before, your faith in miracles, and yourself, must be greater than your fear.
43. Having money is not only a blessing. Having money is a responsibility.
44. Be your best, do your best, demand the best, expect the best, receive the best, and put your best out into the world so everyone can receive your best, too.
45. If you’re not where you want to be in life, keep going. Treat yourself like you’re the closest friend you’ve got.
46. Nothing has any value other than the value we put on it.
47. Doubt is resistance, faith is surrender. Worry is resistance, joy is surrender. Control is resistance,
allowing is surrender. Ridicule is resistance, believing is surrender.
48. Keep moving, keep growing, keep pushing through obstacles, keep evolving. You break through at one level, arrive at the next, and take another step up.
48. It’s the willingness to keep pushing through new challenges, not shrink from them back into your comfort zone, that separates the successful from the unsuccessful.
49. Obstacles and challenges are the agents of growth.
50. We live in a universe of give and receive, breathe and exhale, live and die, suck and awesome.
Each side depends on the other, and each is relative to the other—every action has an equal and opposite reaction—so the more you give, the more you receive. And vice versa.
P.S, I don’t have a favorite, I couldn’t pick one (shrugs). They’re all gems and really important 😁
What’s yours though? Have you read the book, You are a badass? I would love to know what you got from it too💕
All quotes were gotten from New York Times bestselling book, You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero.